Tip Re: Family Court/Court Reporters Assigned to Judges per Term & How to Find this Information

A paralegal was in a situation where a hearing was scheduled and the court reporter listed for the term in which the hearing was scheduled was unable to attend the day of the hearing. What does one do?

You can call Court Administration at 803-734-1800 and ask for the Court Reporter’s Department or you can always check assignments and court reporters by going to www.sccourts.org .  Click on the word “Calendar” in the blue bar at the top of the page, then click Terms of Court, find the county and that will take you to a list of the judges in that county (scroll down for the Family Court), and the court reporters assigned will be listed under the Judge’s name.

I hope this information is useful and please feel free to utilized the contact us form or email calaliaison@gmail.com with any other useful tips and resources that you would like to share as well as any questions or requests for same.